Hocking International in Pipestone, MN is in need of a full time Facilities Technician/Tote-Tank Cleaner to join our team.
$14.00 per hour plus retention bonuses!
“Facilities Technician/Tote and Tank Cleaner”
We are an Automated Facility to work in Chemical Manufacturing.
This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties on the property of Hocking International Laboratories, including but not limited to production equipment, office space, restrooms, break rooms, parking area, and building perimeter, lawn maintenance. Tote and Tank cleaning required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily walk around property and determine areas that need immediate attention example cleanliness of parking lot and condition of the lawn/flowers.
- Responsible for the up-keep of the landscape outside of the building
- Perform a variety of basic plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Tote and Tank Cleaning will be a major responsibility.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Report to immediate manager daily on issues that require immediate attention
- Report immediately any safety issues
- Any other duties assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Safety goggles
- Other PPE available if needed
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds or more.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical plant environment with no air conditioning or heaters.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Routine outdoor maintenance will be required during all seasons.
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others||X|
|Fingering/grasping/feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.