Hocking International in Pipestone, MN. is seeking a Maintenance Technician with a Boilers license to join our team. Competitive pay plus retention bonuses!
“Maintenance Technician/Boiler Room Tech
This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, machinery, lifts and facilities.
- Perform emergency repairs on equipment, machinery, lifts and facilities.
- Perform simple machinist and fabrication duties.
- Possess and exercise skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, hydraulic, carpentry, welding and diagnostic.
- Read and interpret manuals, schematics and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to perform required duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all duties in the absence of Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain renewals of Boiler License.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance is a plus.
- Requires a valid Boiler’s License.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from beginning to end.
- Safety goggles
- Safety-toe shoes
- Other PPE available if needed
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds or more.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical plant environment with no air conditioning or heaters.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others||X|
|Fingering/grasping/feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.