Southwest Health and Human Services currently has an opening for a Public Health Nurse in our Pipestone location.
Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS) is a multi-county agency committed to strengthening individuals, families and communities by providing quality services in a respectful, caring and cost-effective manner.
Deliver and coordinate services to maintain the health of individuals, families and communities through population-base assessments and interventions. Functions individually or as part of the agency team to achieve agency goals.
This position is full time and will be assigned to Family Health. Under the direction of the Family Health Nursing Supervisor, provides a variety of public health services including but not limited to; Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Family Home Visiting, Care Coordination to nursing home residents, MnChoices/PCA assessments, Disease Prevention and Control activities and responds to Public Health Emergencies. Employee in this class usually receives a general outline of the work to be performed and uses independent judgment to develop own sequences and methods within the scope of established policies, practices and procedures of the County and the State of Minnesota. Roles may vary within each staff position based on assignments. Functions individually or as part of the agency team to achieve agency goals.
- Certification as a public health nurse (PHN) in Minnesota and current licensure as a registered nurse in Minnesota. Will allow 90 days to receive PHN Certification.
SWHHS offers a flexible schedule and competitive benefits. For more information please visit our website at; http://www.swmhhs.com/about-us/employment-opportunities/
Starting Rate of Pay: $26.73/hour (PHN)
How to Apply:
Need to complete an application through Merit System and also SWHHS.
- Submit a SWHHS application and email to Jodi Robinson at Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for SWHHS are available online at; http://swmhhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/3-Application-for-Classified-Personnel-Positions-Fillable.pdf
- Submit an application through Merit System. Applications for Merit System are available online at; http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mnmeritsystem/default.cfm.
- Refer to job: Public Health Nurse – SWHHS
- Deadline to apply: Friday, November 20th at noon
For more information, contact Marie Meyers, Supervisor, at 507-637-6082, Kristin Deacon, Supervisor, at 507-836-2102 or Jodi Robinson, HR, at 507-532-1320.