Want to join a great company in Pipestone, MN? Apply today.
Hocking International is seeking 2 Rock Star Batching Lead Technicians to join our team.
We are currently offering retention bonuses and also a $1,600.00 sign on bonus if you are here 30 days or longer.
Great benefits and a 401K package is offered.
This position is responsible for providing day to day supervision and leadership to the batching technicians in a leading specialty chemical plant. The responsibility of this position includes planning and assigning work; implements policies and procedures; increase the skillset and capabilities of subordinates; and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Instruct employees as to their duties in the batching department.
- Monitor behaviors and assess the quality of the work performed by subordinates.
- Instruct, train, evaluate, and encourage your employees.
- Organize and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Inform HR of any disciplinary action needed, should a situation require it.
- Operate industrial forklifts to complete batching procedure.
- Follow batching procedures.
- Maintain and clean batching area and equipment.
- Maintain safety, quality, cleanliness, and production standards of Hocking International.
- Work in high areas using safety harness to complete batching procedure.
- Adjust products to meet the PH & color specification of product to meet quality standard.
- Fill containers with product according to specifications.
- Be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Control all quarantine/overflow on daily basis with assistance from Chemist.
- Any other duties assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or five years plant/general management experience in a chemical environment. Attention to detail and appreciation of deadlines is essential.
- 3+ years of experience with coating production which includes batch making, mixing and weighing.
- Forklift certification strongly preferred.
- Individual thinker/self starter
- Math skills
- Safety Oriented
- Detail oriented
- Process SOP minded
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Safety goggles
- Any other PPE available, if needed
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds or more.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical plant environment with no air conditioning or heaters.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others||X|
|Fingering/grasping/feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.