We are looking for a full-time Staff Nurse to care for our clients and facilitate their recovery from substance use disorder. The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well-trained professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. You will be compassionate and cool-tempered. You will be able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently. The goal is to promote patient’s well-being by providing high quality nursing care.
- Monitor client’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Observe, interpret and communicate client’s symptoms
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, etc.) and fill in clients’ charts
- Adjust and administer client’s medication and provide treatments according to physician’s orders
- Inspect the facilities and act to maintain excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds etc.)
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies
- Supervise and train nursing technicians
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Expand knowledge and capabilities by attending educational workshops, conferences etc.
- Proven experience as a licensed nurse
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of client care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills
- Valid Minnesota nursing license (LPN or RN)
- Must be available to work all shifts (nights preferred), pass a DHS background study and have at least two years free of problematic substance use.