2021 Theme: "Wild About Pipestone!"
Are you as ?WILD ABOUT PIPESTONE? as we are?!!
Our jungle themed 2021 Official 32nd Annual Pipestone Water Tower Festival t-shirts are NOW available to order from SoJo's Sportswear & Embroidery #OnlyinPipestone
Go Wild! Order some in several colors for you, your family, or your employees!
Your purchase of each and every t-shirt helps raise funds for the Pipestone Area Chamber to help support our annual community festival & keep most of the events FREE for kids and families!
Available in a choice of four awesome colors for adults (S-4XL) and two colors for youth (S-L), order early to ensure your favorite color!
HOW TO ORDER (for in person pickup or to be shipped):
1) You can stop in SoJo?s and order in person;
2) You can call them at 507-825-2906; or
3) You can order online at the following link:
***2021 Dates: Thursday, July 29 - Sunday, August 1, 2021***
Annually, we celebrate the Water Tower Festival. Residents and visitors turn out en masse for this community get together. The festival commemorates the restoration of the city's historic concrete water tower as a community landmark. Keep checking back as more gets added!
Monday, July 26 until Found (Water Tower Festival Medallion Hunt)
***UPDATE: The medallion has been found!***
The annual hunt for the Water Tower Festival Medallion hunt begins Monday, July 26 at 7:00 am. Find the medallion and win $100 in Chamber bucks. The medallion will be on public land somewhere within the city limits of Pipestone. (***You do not need to dig, climb, or move any object to find the medallion***) If you find the medallion, bring it to the Pipestone Area Chamber of Commerce to claim your prize. Each day clues as to the location will be revealed. You can find them all right here, PipestoneStar.com, listen to KLOH radio, or check out the Pipestone Chamber of Commerce or Pipestone Star?s Facebook page.
1. It?s about time we had some fun.
A pandemic in the rear view, our historic city awakes.
A prize lies prone, on the outskirts of an urban space.
Hanging out near a peaceful open place.
The finder earns something very grand.
Be ready to uncover some prime land.
Thursday, July 29 (Kids' Night Downtown in front of Museum):
2. The medallion is holding on tight.
You won?t see it unless you look just right.
Hiding in a public place; a park or trail or open space.
3. The tattered pages of a century turning.The steam clears, Pipestone?s earliest prosperity, unearthed.
A booming trade.
An ambitious builder.
Clickity, clickity clack, are you on the right track?
- 5:00 - 7:30 pm ~ Community Burger Feed Fundraiser sponsored by JBS - Pipestone. Burgers, Beans, Chips, Treat, & Pepsi products for $8.
- 5:00 - 8:00 pm ~ Pipestone Kiwanis Club Sno-Cone Fundraiser
- 5:30 - 6:00 pm ~ Registration for Kids Pedal Pull sponsored by C&B Operations (free)
- Ages 3 to 11. 3 year olds receive participation ribbon & a pop. Ages 4 to 11 get a can of pop and compete for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place.
- 6:00 pm ~ Kids Pedal Pull sponsored by C&B Operations (free)
- 7:15 pm (approximately) ~ Pipestone Jr. Ambassadors Contest sponsored by Pipestone Kiwanis Club
- following the Pedal Pull, two winners (1 boy & 1 girl) receive prizes and ride in Saturday's Parade as the Junior Grand Marshals. Ages 5 to completed 5th Grade compete by answering fun questions about themselves and Pipestone. It's FREE to enter. Child must reside in Pipestone County. Register your child by calling the Chamber at 825-3316.
Friday, July 30 (Downtown Block Party on Hiawatha Ave. in front of Museum):
Block Party Sponsors: Dar's Pizza, Enviro-Pump Plus-Fricke Environmental Company, Fuller Paving, Hocking International Laboratories, Lange's Cafe, Pepsi Cola Bottling Co. of Pipestone, & Truss Pros
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm ~ Community Dinner Fundraiser sponsored by Pipestone Holdings
- 5:00 pm - 12:45 am ~ Beer Garden Open
- 6:00 pm ~ Bean Bag Tourney
- $20 / team - Cash Prizes! Limited to 16 teams. Pre-register at Chamber 507-825-3316
- 9:00 pm - 1:00 am ~ FREE Street Dance
- "Rewinder" will be performing the "Greatest Hits of the Cassette Era" in Historic Downtown Pipestone
Saturday, July 31 (Parade Day & Events on Courthouse Lawn):
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm ~ Arts, Crafts, & Vendor Show and Food Vendors
- 10:00 am ~ Parade starting on the 500 block of West Main Street to Hiawatha Ave and ends at Hiawatha Ave & 5th Street SE/SW
- 10:00 am - 3:00 pm (Awards at 2:00 pm) ~ Pipestone Cruizers' Car Show with DJ Mylan Ray (West side of Courthouse on 2nd Ave SW - enter from South)
- DC Dyno & Performance Testing!!!
- Boy's & Girl's Bike Giveaway
- Power Wheels Kid's Car Giveaway
- Over $1,500 in Cash Prizes awarded to registrant. $10 Per Vehicle Registration starts at 9:00 am (there's no fee to come look at the cars!). Open to Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Tractors, & Rat Rods. No Bicycles or Golf Carts allowed in the show area.
- First 100 Entrants receive a Dash Plaque
- Tool Set awarded to all Class Winners
- All proceeds to be donated to charity
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm ~ Free Kids' Inflatables sponsored by Bole-Mor Lanes, First Bank & Trust Kids-N-Coins Club, Hank's Foods, Michelle Cheeseman State Farm Insurance Agency, Pipestone County Medical Center & Family Clinic Avera, and Pizza Ranch
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm ~ "Paper Plains" interactive activity - Meinders Community Library/"We Are Water MN" event
- 11:30 am (approximately) ~ Groove Inc. Drumline performs Gridiron Groove by Big Tent sponsored by First Farmers & Merchants Bank and Lange's Cafe
- 12:00 pm (approximately) ~ Parade Winners announced under Big Tent
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm ~ "Rainbow" the Unicorn and Petting Zoo. Get your photo with "Rainbow" for free! Sponsored by the George Alan Morgan Memorial and Anonymous Donors.
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm ~ Elizabeth Hunstad Duo under the Big Tent sponsored by Falls Landing Assisted Living and Pipestone County Medical Center & Family Clinic Avera
1:00 pm ~ Pipestone Fire Department "Water Fights" on the street in front of the Tank (3rd St SW in front of Courthouse)
Sunday, August 1 (Community Church Service on Courthouse Lawn):
- 10:30 am ~ Church Service on Courthouse Lawn. Open to all. Hosted by Cornerstone Free Church.
We invite you to become a Festival Sponsor! We have sponsorships available at a wide range of levels for every budget. Any business, organization, church, group, or person is eligible to sponsor our community festival! Our Chamber Members do receive a significant sponsorship discount in recognition of and appreciation for their year-round investment in our nonprofit organization and its mission.
If you aren?t already a Pipestone Area Chamber Member, this is the perfect time to join our organization of Pipestone Area community-minded businesses and nonprofits and save on your festival sponsorship! Plus, you?ll receive all of the benefits of membership too! Here?s a link to the Sponsorship Form .